PRIORITY MINE SITES
The Priority Mine Sites List was compiled by locating, sampling, scoring and ranking over 300 mine and mill sites in the state starting in 1993. The sites were evaluated and ranked in order to facilitate the cleanup of the worst sites first.
Abandoned Hard Rock Mine Priority Sites 1995 Summary Report
For ease of downloading the document is split up into ten sections:
- Document Introduction, Investigation Methods, Data Evaluation, Site Ranking Criteria 8,574 KB
- Sites in Beaverhead through Broadwater Counties 14,194 KB
- Sites in Cascade Counties 13,227 KB
- Sites in Deer Lodge through Granite Counties 16,776 KB
- Sites in Jefferson Counties 9,716 KB
- Sites in Judith Basin through Lincoln Counties 11,944 KB
- Sites in Madison through Meager Counties 18,526 KB
- Sites in Mineral through Park Counties 13,511 KB
- Sites in Powell through Yellowstone Counties 14,725 KB
- Document References and Glossary 2,053 KB
The below documents are supplements to the 1993 and 1994 Hazardous Materials Inventories that were implemented to characterize and rank the extent of environmental problems associated with the Abandoned Hardrock Mine Priority Sites.
- 1994 Summary Report of Abandoned Hardrock Mine Priority Sites 5,190 KB
- 1995 Supplemental Summary Report of Abandoned Hardrock Mine Priority Sites 2,162 KB
Site Ranking List and Current Reclamation Status
Lists of hardrock mine priority sites ranked based on the basis of human health and safety hazards applying the Reclaimed Abandoned and Inactive Mine Scoring System (RAIMSS). This list guides the Abandoned Mine Section (AMS) reclamation efforts in a "worst first" approach. Also listed are sites that have been reclaimed by AMS and other agencies.