State Superfund Unit
Petroleum sludge oozing from the sidewall of a soil excavation at the KRY Site, a State Superfund facility in the Evergreen area of Kalispell.
Protect the public health and welfare of all Montana citizens and the state's environment from releases of hazardous or deleterious substances.
The State Superfund Unit's focus is:
- Facilitating the investigation and cleanup of hazardous substances that typically occur at sites with the following activities:
- Petroleum Refining
- Railroad Fueling and Maintenance
- Wood Treating
The State Superfund Unit's purpose is to:
- Protect human health and the environment
- Prevent exposure of human and ecological receptors to hazardous or deleterious substances released to:
- Sediment [or]
- Surface water
- Ensure compliance with applicable state and federal regulations