Montana Department of Environmental Quality About Us Permitting & Operator Assistance Public Participation

Report Pollution

Do you need to report a spill, pollution, or other environmental concern?

Complete the form below to provide as much information as you can to DEQ. Please fill out the form as completely as possible. Without accurate Responsibile Party and location information, DEQ may not be able to investigate your complaint.

Note: If you submit this form to DEQ you will create a public record that is subject to Montana's public disclosure laws. If you would like to remain anonymous, please check the appropriate box on this form and do not include any identifying information outside of the complainant contact information section of the form.

Spill Reporting Policy

Harmful Algal Blooms (HABs)

If you want to report a possible harful algal bloom, or view current reports, click the button below to visit a mapping application where you can input details to help the state track the situation.

Report a HAB

STOP: Is this an Emergency?

If there is an emergency, please dial 911 first to alert local services, then fill out our spill/complaint form or call DEQ Enforcement staff at (406) 444-0379.